June 28th, 2015 I share a well with 6 other homes. One

Customer Question
June 28th, 2015 I share a...
June 28th, 2015
I share a well with 6 other homes. One home has a a leaky pool and uses a lot of extra water. Another home is has a balance that is on going in the the amount of $4500.00 and rising and has been going on for years. They pay very little if at all with no penalties.
There is only one person in my house and one horse. My bills went from $60 per month to as much as $300.00. I was told that they had to get extra water because the well could not keep up with demand the all the homes. This is happening every month As a result of high bills I decided to purchase a 2500 gallon water tank and have my water delivered at $60 per load.
I asked to get out of the agreement and was told that I needed a lawyer and I would have to pay $25.00 month for nothing or $300 per year. I have already paid $900 for nothing but for the connection. Over time this can get into the thousands of dollars for nothing.
The other thing I fear is that the well will need a major overall and or to dig a deeper well and I do not want to pay for any of these costly repairs.
Since I purchased my tank 2 other homes purchased a water storage tank and haul their water too. All three of us want to get off this charge. Two of us are elderly and can't afford any unnecessary bills. The well manager is collecting $900 from 3 households and refuses to say what that money is going for and or have any meeting or updates about the well.
What are my legal options. Will a letter suffice from an attorney? What are the drawback of getting off this shared well?
Thank you
Patty
Phoenix, AZ
P.S. Maybe you have a list of Lawyers in my area that specialize in shared well agreements that you could forward to me
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2015
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
I am sorry for this situation.I think as you state this is resolvable with a letter to revoke your participation in this shared well.The lawyer will review the terms with you and resolve this matter.
This is a specialized area of the law.The lawyer below is in your area and does this kind of legal contract work and letters.
http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/85012-az-william-anger-397777.html
William H. Anger
Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
Member, DePaul Law Review, 1979-1981. Author: "The Structural Work Act," 29 DePaul Law Review 635, 1979. Co-Author: Federal... View more (###) ###-####
I hope this person can meet your specialized needs and resolve this matter.I appreciate the chance to hep you today.Thanks again and good luck to you.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patty here is the law of Arizona on shared wells, and you would want to get copy of your contract to meet with lawyer and resolve this.
http://www.azwater.gov/AzDWR/WaterManagement/Wells/documents/PolicyonSharedWellAgreementsNovember2012.pdf
I think the lawyer can get you out of this, thanks again and the best to you.
will I be able to speak with the attorney about my situation of the Well Agreement Issue?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Yes here is local lawyer that can help you here including a letter, thanks again.
William H. Anger
Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
He is local to you and this is something he does frequently on your location.
Ray, Lawyer