How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask canonlaw Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 164
Type Your Legal Question Here...
canonlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I seek an annulment from my former spouse. Since the divorce,

Customer Question

I seek an annulment from my former spouse. Since the divorce, she has remarried outside the church. I, though have not in anyway broke my vows to her. It has been about 2 1/2 years since the divorce, and I am not interested or seeing anyone and still respect my marriage sacraments I stated to her within the roman church so many years ago.
She abandoned me for another younger person after 25+years of marriage with no indication of intent and told me she only married me on the grounds of lust. This statement alone totally collapsed my unduly faithfulness and honor towards her.
Is there anyway an annulment can be obtained?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  canonlaw replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answer! I am very sorry reading your story. But those words said by her are not enough to put in doubt your own good intentions and the confidence of the indissolubility professed by the Catholic Church. In addition, a long life together is a presumption of a very valid marriage. And so, from this short description of what happened with the end the life together is is only clear her grave sin against matrimony, but as the Church put under study the condition of both spouses at the time of the exchange of vows, I would need extra information to advise you properly. Let me know if you want to explore eventual chapter for the nullity. Many regards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I found out that she only married me for her lustful desires as she told her friends before our marriage and being unknown to me. Also I am a veteran with PTSD from my Viet-Nam service. I did not know at or before the time of marriage what this mental defect had upon my judgement. Apparently I believe this marriage was in question as she was deceitful of her intentions and compounded with my PTSD.

Expert:  canonlaw replied 2 years ago.
Ok, certainly the PTSD would be a serious and good reason for the nullity, but on your side. You can contact the Tribunal of the Archdiocese for the Military Services instead the diocese of the marriage or the diocese of her current residence. That would be a good help in admitting your case to study. Many regards ***** ***** bless you!
Expert:  canonlaw replied 2 years ago.
Can I still help in any way? thanks
Expert:  canonlaw replied 2 years ago.
Can I help in any way? thanks