I seek an annulment from my former spouse. Since the divorce,

Customer Question
she has remarried outside the...
I seek an annulment from my former spouse. Since the divorce, she has remarried outside the church. I, though have not in anyway broke my vows to her. It has been about 2 1/2 years since the divorce, and I am not interested or seeing anyone and still respect my marriage sacraments I stated to her within the roman church so many years ago.
She abandoned me for another younger person after 25+years of marriage with no indication of intent and told me she only married me on the grounds of lust. This statement alone totally collapsed my unduly faithfulness and honor towards her.
Is there anyway an annulment can be obtained?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/29/2015
Lawyer: canonlaw,
 replied 2 years ago
canonlaw
Thank you for your answer! I am very sorry reading your story. But those words said by her are not enough to put in doubt your own good intentions and the confidence of the indissolubility professed by the Catholic Church. In addition, a long life together is a presumption of a very valid marriage. And so, from this short description of what happened with the end the life together is is only clear her grave sin against matrimony, but as the Church put under study the condition of both spouses at the time of the exchange of vows, I would need extra information to advise you properly. Let me know if you want to explore eventual chapter for the nullity. Many regards.

As I found out that she only married me for her lustful desires as she told her friends before our marriage and being unknown to me. Also I am a veteran with PTSD from my Viet-Nam service. I did not know at or before the time of marriage what this mental defect had upon my judgement. Apparently I believe this marriage was in question as she was deceitful of her intentions and compounded with my PTSD.

Lawyer: canonlaw,
 replied 2 years ago
Ok, certainly the PTSD would be a serious and good reason for the nullity, but on your side. You can contact the Tribunal of the Archdiocese for the Military Services instead the diocese of the marriage or the diocese of her current residence. That would be a good help in admitting your case to study. Many regards ***** ***** bless you!
Lawyer: canonlaw,
 replied 2 years ago
Can I still help in any way? thanks
Lawyer: canonlaw,
 replied 2 years ago
Can I help in any way? thanks
canonlaw
canonlaw
canonlaw