Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

A girl owes me $500.00 daughters wedding and will not

Customer Question

a girl owes me $500.00 for my daughters wedding and will not pay me. What are my options?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Please tell me
1 - What state?
2 - Is she over age 18? What did you contact her parent?
3 - What is the money owed for - what type of service?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NJ. She is 18. I hoped her mother could help me to pay me. The money was for the dress,shoes,hair and bridal shower.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you. i suggest you need to suit her. This can be done in small claims court without the assistance of a local attorney.i suggest you begin with a letter of demand. state that she has 5 days from receipt of the letter to repay you in full or you will have no other option but to file the small claims suit. State that if the debt is not paid in that time, and you must bring the matter to court, you will request she pay your legal fees associated with the suit. It might cost you $80 to #150 to file. you can get the forms and the cost of filing from the clerk of the court in the county where she lives.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Mail the letter certified with a return receipt requested so you can show the court you tried to settle this out of court.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Good morning.You're welcome. Thanking you in advance for a positive rating. And Good Luck.