I started on 5/26/2015 I had 30 days to enroll care.

Customer Question
I started on 5/26/2015 I...
I started on 5/26/2015 I had 30 days to enroll for health care. I thought I enrolled my husband and myself, but when I contacted them on 6/5/15 to ensure that I was enrolled they said I only enrolled my husband for dental and vision not medical. I thought that I had 30 days and if I made any errors I could changed.They said I could no longer add my husband on. I appealed and they denied it said unless it is a changed of status I could not add my my husband on until 2016. If I had 30 days how can they say no.
I should have had until 6/26/15. They denied on 6/18 I did not receive letter until 6/26. I can appealed with 60 days is this logical or should I back off.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2015
Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. I see no harm in appealing. After all, it costs you nothing to do so. However, I'm sorry to say that the fact that you had 30 days to enroll does not necessarily mean that once you make your choices you can make changes so long as the 30 day period has not expired. This particular plan apparently does not allow for changes to be made. Unfortunately, the law does not require that they let you make changes. Accordingly, I would appeal as you suggested, but I would do so with the understanding that the answer will likely be the same. I am truly sorry that my answer may be bad news for you, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer.
No, I understand and will appeal it again.
thanks
You are quite welcome. Again, I'm sorry for the disappointing news. I thank you for using our service, and please remember to provide positive feedback!