Our USA swim club in our small town is sponsored through the…

Customer Question
Our USA swim club in...
Our USA swim club in our small town is sponsored through the city where we are lucky enough to pay little to no money for pool rental. The team is run by a board of parents and the head coach. Several disagreements with the head coach all throughout email and few conversations have led the board to suspend our membership and my daughter will have no place to swim unless I coach her and the city grants me some pool time as well. Apparently, I have violated the parent code of conduct by questioning the coach when I was trying to protect both of my children from embarrassment. She is headed to high school and will compete there, but has no place to go before or after for training. Is there any grounds for complaint? They could have just banned me. My emails were always respectful and this is not like an all out knock down drag out fight on the football field kind of parent issue.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 3 days by:
7/1/2015
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Yes, there is a ground to complain. Your daughter should not be punished for your actions. If the Board does not want you there, your daughter should not be banned as a collateral consequence for your action. She should be allowed to use the facility and you can make arrangement for another parent to work with her. So, you can appeal the blanket suspension and ask the board to reconsider. Your daughter who has done nothing should not be punished because of your actions.