A breeder bred my dog without consent. Also, the same breeder…

Customer Question
A breeder bred my dog...
A breeder bred my dog without consent. Also, the same breeder person attached a co-ownership to the dogs papers. I paid the breeder $1500 for the dog, and the breeder paid nothing. I still have the check I wrote. The breeder also denies me access to the dog. What can I do? Can this be solved by small claims? I am in California.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2015
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer
Hello, Small claims court judges have very limited jurisdiction. Tell me what your ideal outcome would be, and I will tell you how to accomplish your goal (though, it may not be worth the cost).