How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26798
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is***** was convicted of a felony recently because

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** was convicted of a felony recently because in my opinion I feel that I was falsely represented by a dishonest Attorney. I would like to file a complaint with the California Bar Association. Is there anything you can advise me to do that may help my case before my submission? Thank You
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
Did you plead guilty to the felony, or were you convicted after trial? Are you appealing your sentence or seeking other post-conviction relief?
Taking further action on that front, if appropriate, might strengthen any grievance you file with the Bar. Additionally, the California Bar warns that reporting your lawyer is not for a disagreement or your feeling that he or she did a poor job but that the lawyer breached ethical standards.
Familiarizing yourself a little with the rules of professional conduct might keep your grievance on point.