P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

If you are black can they have all white jury

Customer Question

if you are black can they have all white jury
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
That is possible...that is, it is possible for a black person to be tried by a white jury...or for a white person to be tried by an all black jury.
Now, the law is clear that the lawyers trying the case (both the prosecutor and defense counsel) can not exclude a juror based on their race. So if you are a black person, and the prosecutor starts to kick of potential jurors because they are black, that would violate the law.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.