How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12250
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get people out of my rental house after aviction

Customer Question

how do I get people out of my rental house after aviction
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. You must obtain a writ of possession from the court, and then give that to the sheriff to ask that they physically remove the tenant. The sheriff will then give the tenant advanced notice of a few days, and if the tenant is still there on the day of the deadline, then the sheriff will physically remove the tenant. You can then change the locks. Which state are you in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in pa. How do I get the writ
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again. The writ is given to you by the court after you have won your eviction case. If you've won your case (which I assume you have since you implied that you already evicted the tenant), then you should be able to get the writ from the court clerk.