I live in Va and bought a used pickup (over 100,000 mi ) in…

Customer Question
I live in Va and...
I live in Va and bought a used pickup (over 100,000 mi ) in NC. Found out tires do not match and are illegal. New tires $ 969. UNHAPPY! Feel like I got flim-flammed. My boss tells me that Ihave so many days to cancel the contract . Please tell me when and how.Thank you . Tom.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/26/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Unfortunately there is no "cooling off" period for vehicle purchases.You may be entitled to a claim against the dealership if they misrepresented the quality of the vehicle, or made a material misrepresentation regarding the auto when you purchased it (this would be a cause of action for "fraud in the inducement"), but these claims require a specific factual misrepresentation such as "the tires are brand new" (alluding to you will not have to immediately replace them) as opposed to a generic statement such as "its a 'great' truck."Absent some material misrepresentation, you can try making a BBB complaint and negotiating a settlement with them - trying to get them to pay for a portion of the cost of replacement of the tires - but it is going to be difficult to find a case where the dealership is required to do so. Fortunately, the BBB is fast, free to consumers, and can be relatively successful in many cases. You can file a BBB dispute here: bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney