How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get a judgement amount reduced to just the base judgement

Customer Question

How can I get a judgement amount reduced to just the base judgement amount, minus fees, interest, etc. As well stop the income execution?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.If the court awarded the amount at issue, the fees, interest, etc., then the plaintiff is entitled to collect all of it.......and the only way to stop that from happening would be to go to the plaintiff and see if it will settle for a lesser amount to resolve the debt OR simply file bankruptcy and have the debt discharged.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Also, the garnishment/income execution would continue as well until the debt is paid, settled - - - or unless bankruptcy is filed.