In the middle of night or early morning ,My car was repossesed.

Customer Question
The repo company moved my...
In the middle of night or early morning ,My car was repossesed. The repo company moved my husbands car and dumped it on the front lawn which with recent rains the car sunk about two inches into the front lawn the car was left unlocked and center Consol was left open like it was rutted through is this legal?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/25/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they tampered with your husband's vehicle and caused damage to the vehicle or your property while repossessing your car, they are liable for ALL of that damage. So, you can send them a letter demanding they pay for the damages they caused and if they refuse, which they likely will, then you can sue them for the damage in court. You need to take pictures of everything and all of the damage closely so you can preserve that for suing in court.