How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 74 yr old disabled vet who was beat up by 6 carloads

Customer Question

I am a 74 yr old disabled vet who was beat up by 6 carloads of Gainesville Florida police over a civil situation between me and Walmart where I was sold a defective product which Walmart refused to replace (their rules state that any mgr at Walmart could authorize my return of the product w/o a receipt..I have a receipt in my possession, but do not carry any receipts on my person..Walmart could have easily pulled my purchase up on their computers using my credit card number as they have done in the past, but apparently decided not to do that. A few days later I returned the item (backpack with wheels for the disabled)was returned to another Walmart with an apology for my police abuse and charges against me. All charges were dismissed by the Florida States Attorney.
PS... I am a retired police officer from two California Police departments.(10+ years). I have university degrees from Cal State University in San Jose and the College of San Mateo in Criminology, Sociology (one semester short of a masters degree), and Police Science. I have completed 2 police academies, and was about to be promoted to Sgt. I am a diehard liberal, and was also when I was a cop...which also made the decision to leave the police department during the peaceful anti-Vietnam demonstrations on college campuses in the 60s. I DO NOT STEAL...ANYTHING!!! Any decent, honorable, but aggressive Police Abuse attorneys out there?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
As a retired police officer myself, I can completely understand your frustration at how you say you were treated by the officers who came out to handle your situation.
Unfortunately, by law we are forbidden from representing anyone from this site (we are only allowed by state law to provide general information to help educate customers) and you need to engage a local FL Civil Rights Attorney to represent you and you can find one at the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You can get your deposit refunded by contacting customer service, as the experts on this site are not employees of the site, at
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No police abuse attorneys were I able to contact by suggestions from this website..refund please!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Police attack
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No police abuse attorney info was sent te me...refund, please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
refund, please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Please contact http://ww2.just if you would like a refund.
Also, it is not a "police abuse attorney" you are looking for and I am able to find plenty of "Civil Rights attorneys" listed on those sites.