Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was sent this threatening letter to my inbox from

Customer Question
Hello, I was sent this threatening...
I was sent this threatening letter to my inbox from a ash advance location where I borrowed $230.00 and I have been off work due to an injury where I had to have surgery. I have been paying this on a monthly basis but last week I received the same type of email. plus threatening phone calls al during through out the day.
What can I do to stop this?
Please,? Your prompt reply is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Carmen Cook ***@******.***
Arrest warrant I'd :- MTR141797456
Attention
This is the last and final chance for you.
This Legal Proceedings issued on your Docket Number EVR-38924 with one of Cash Advance Inc. Company in order to notify you that after making calls to you on your phone number we were not able to get hold of you. So the accounts department of Cash Advance has decided to mark this case as a flat refusal and press legal charges against you.
CASE NO: CF-MA-381098
Outstanding Debt: $230.86 (late payment charges)
Penalty in the court: $8000+
Attorney and court fees: $1500+
Creditors- Cash USA which is a parent company of more then 400 cash websites and internet web portals in USA and operates under different names in different states.
Apart from getting laid off by your current employer after we send them the legal notice you will be blacklisted from getting any job.
Through an IRS (Internal Revenue Service) your social security number will be put on hold causing severe damage to your credit history or credit report and your income paychecks will be put on hold.
Any child support, disability, unemployment or retirement benefits will be either place on hold or will be stopped until the outcome of the case.
Our primary job was to notify you about the case before we send you legal document in the mail because once this case gets registered then we won't be able to help you out of court. Our client is least interested in getting the money at this point as they want to just go ahead and start taking legal actions however we wanted to contact you and give you last chance to resolve this case out of court.
If you take care of this out of court then we will release the clearance certificate from the court and we will make sure that no one will contact you in future.
Please let us know what is your intention by today itself so we can hold the case or else we will meet you in court house.
We have sent you this warning notification about legal proceedings of March 28, 2015 but you failed to respond on time now it’s high time if you failed to respond in next 24 HOURS we will register this case in court. Consider this as a final warning. And we will be Emailing/ Fax this issue to your current employer to make sure they take strict against you. Your salary wages will be garnished.
Do revert back if you want to get rid of these legal consequences and make a payment arrangement today or else we would be proceeding legally against you. And we apologies that this notification will also sent to your current employer. The opportunity to take care of this voluntary is quickly coming to an end. We would hate for you to lose the option of resolving this before it goes to the next step which is a Lawsuit against you, but to do so you must take immediate action.
You can Email back to get the payment mode too.
***@******.***
We will be forced to proceed legally against you and once it is processed the creditor has entire rights to inform your employer and your references regarding this issue and the lawsuit will be the next step which will be amounting to $6300.00 and will be totally levied upon you and that would be excluding your attorney charges. If you take care of this out of court then we will release the clearance certificate from the court and we will make sure that no one will contact you in future.
Please let us know what your intention is by today itself so we can hold the case or else we will submit the paperwork to your local county sheriff department and you will be served by court summons at your door step.
rsonal Cash Advance, Rapid Cash, Sonic Payday, Speedy Cash, My Cash Now, National Payday, Paycheck Today, Payday OK, Cash Central Loans, Cash Net 500,Cash Net USA, Allied Cash, Super Pawn, Check into Cash, Check Smart, Cash America Net, Cash America, Cash America Pawn, Cash land, Super Pawn, Cash America Payday Advance, or any company-owned Mr. Payroll locations. “You” or “Your” means you as a participant in or as a user of the products and/or services offered by a Cash Advance Related Company.
WE MAY REPORT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT TO CREDIT BUREAUS. LATE PAYMENTS, MISSED PAYMENTS, OR OTHER DEFAULTS ON YOUR ACCOUNT
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/24/2015
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. I actually question the legitimacy of this email. The reason why I say this is a result of some of the threats and claims being made, some of which will not and can not happen. If you do owe the debt to this company, then you do have a right to dispute it and possible go after them for their methods and actions in trying to collect on it, under the FDCPA, which I have provided a link to below, that shows what they can and not do and what your remedies are. Moreover, you may want to contact the Attorney General and speak with someone in the Officer, to verify if they have received any complaints and call the court house to see if anything has been filed. This way, you can verify if this is a scam and them trying to get money from you, as a result of somehow obtaining information about the loan. https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/fair-debt-collection-practices-act-text Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
LegalKnowledge, Attorney