How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20291
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A guy hit my wifes car. he said he had 2 claims turned in toward

Customer Question

a guy hit my wifes car. he said he had 2 claims turned in toward his insurance so if she would not call the police he would just pay her when she got an estimate now he will not pay said he didnt have the money. The estimate was $19,00 dollars. Whats my next step?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information and your question. Can you tell me when this accident occurred and if this other driver supplied your wife with his insurance information? Did your wife file a claim through her own insurance company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This happened last year in october! And my wife did not file a claim

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello again--Thank you for your reply, although I don't see where you answered my question about whether or not this other party provided her with his insurance information. In any event, there are a few options here. First, the parties are required under Miss. law to exchange insurance information, DL, name, address, etc. If the other party refused, your wife could, if she chooses report that to police now. If she has the other party's insurance information then she should file a claim with that company immediately. If she does not, she has two choices. One is to file a claim through her own insurance company and they will go after the other driver for any money they pay out on the damages and also try to get her deductible back for her. The other option is to file suit against the other party through an attorney. The other party can then decide whether or not to hand the suit over to their insurance company (which would be best for all parties) or try to defend it without the assistance of their insurance company. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if you have them.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the legal answer I provided to you on the 24th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (in the pop up box for this question, which is how we get credit (paid) for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.