Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I paid a professional photographer to take my wedding photos

Customer Question
and they turned out dark...
I paid a professional photographer to take my wedding photos and they turned out dark and blurry. And also I think they were printed by her at Wal-Mart instead of being sent to a professional printing shop. Her contract that I signed says that she would provide services to the best of her ability. Does that mean she's covered legally?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/23/2015
Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to Answer your question,
First, congratulations on your marriage; I wish you many, many years of happiness.
ANSWER -
The contract you signed with the photographer used very vague language and did not define what was meant by, "...she would provide services to the best of her ability ........... "
That phrase can mean just about anything regarding the level or standard of services which the photographer had to meet. For example, if the photographer had no experience in photographing weddings, then the photographer would be bound only to the standard that would be applied to someone with no experience. The level of expertise of the photographer is not defined at all and, therefore, there is no standard by which the photographer's work could be judged. The vagueness of the phrase pretty much covered the photographer so that she could not be sued because without describing the expertise that the photographer had to meet, there is no way that the photographer can be sued on a claim that the photographs fell below any standard,
_________________________________________
If I have Answered your question, Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating, It will NOT cost you anything, but it is the only way that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are very much appreciated,
Kindest Regards,
ANDREA
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney