LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

What is difference between primary on a checking account and

Customer Question

what is difference between primary on a checking account and secondary
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
I will presume that when you use the terms primary and secondary that you are referring to account holders---persons on the account.
A primary is generally the person who own the checking account and established it under their name and with their social security number for tax reporting purposes.
A secondary normally refers to a second or later person added to the account who has the ability to sign checks on the account and otherwise transfer funds from the account but who did not originate the account.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug