How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My roommate filed a t r o against me and I fought it and had

Customer Question

my roommate filed a t r o against me and I fought it and had it dismissed,
she filed another one against me and I have court on Tuesday,
cant I have her charged with falsyfing court documents and perjury and sue her for loss of wages and hotel expenses
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I suggest, you can go to the Magistrate Court Commissioner and file a Statement of Charges. In the statement of charges, you will state what has occurred. The false report being file, the sworn statement under penalties of perjury, etc.
Once you do that, based on the probable cause that you have in your statement of charges, the Magistrate will issue a summons for those criminal charges of false police report and also the perjury.
She will then have to appear in court. You will be represented by the state and the District Attorney will prosecute as they deem appropriate
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is what shes doing constitute harassment and if so can I file for a restraining order against her and get her thrown out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
also can I make her pay for my loss of wages and hotel fees.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank youI suggest, it appears to be a continuing course of conduct and if the court dismisses this matter, too, then you can mention to the court that you feel you are being harassed. Request the court to address this behavior and reprimand the party that criminal harassment charges can be filed if she continues.You can then request the court order your legal expenses, including your hotel to attend the proceedings, be paid for in the way of restitution to youHowever, if the court does not do that, then I suggest that you will want to sue her in Small Claims court for those expenses.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
HelloI see you opened a new post while I was typing the answer to your follow up here. Thanks for your patience and I have answered the follow up here.