Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

California nonprofit registration says the corporation is

Customer Question
California nonprofit registration https://businessfilings.sos.ca.gov says the corporation...
California nonprofit registration
https://businessfilings.sos.ca.gov
says the corporation is active, and my last filing was 6/14. Can't figure out how to file for this year.
Also,
http://rct.doj.ca.gov/Verification/Web/Search.aspx?facility=Y
says "Registration Status: Not Registered."
Any problem with that?
Thank you!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/21/2015
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
California nonprofit registration
https://businessfilings.sos.ca.gov

Response: I am sorry, but I do not quite understand what information that you need. The link that you provided gives specific steps on how to file your annual report. You need to carefully follow the instructions and file your report.
Also,
Any problem with that?
Thank you!

Response: Yes. If your organization is required to be registered, but it has not, then you need to register the organization immediately. This registration is different from your filing with the Secretary of State's Office. Click on the links below for more information:
https://oag.ca.gov/charities
https://oag.ca.gov/charities/forms

Not clear how to register from this answer. Do I print a registration or may I do so online? How so?

Response: I am sorry, but what answer are you referring to? I gave two answers.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law