How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Angie love again. 2001 corvette. I cant afford legal fees

Customer Question

angie love again. 2001 corvette. I cant afford legal fees etc. can I file bankruptcy or have it repossessed without going thru civil court
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Filing bankruptcy has its own costs, and by the time that you get possession of the vehicle, you may be approximately even, and maintain your credit rating the way it is.
I would at least visit with a local civil litigation attorney and go over the documentation you have - like I noted earlier, if you can get possession early on in a "pre-judgment writ" you can likely end this entire matter quickly and easily by simply reselling the vehicle to another buyer or dealership and paying off the loan. You wouldn't need to go all the way to a judgment, even though you would have a right to enforce the loan (getting a money judgment for whatever difference there is between what you sell the car for and what the balance on the loan is, but if you need to save court fees etc. there is a way to save them).