After receiving invoice on car, (over $5000 ) there

Customer Question
After receiving invoice for work...
After receiving invoice for work on car, (over $5000 ) there was a note on the bottom that stated :" extra charge for cheap bastard" ... I am sure this was not intended to be for my eyes...... any suggestions as to what action I should take ???
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2015
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 3 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. Did they provide you with an estimate? Do the charges and the breakdown of the bill seem reasonable for the work provided?

This reply does not relate to my inquiry .. it is not about charges or estimates... it is the wording on the invoice it self... "deformation of character " ...........

Thank you for the reply. I was not aware you were considering a claim of that nature. Below are the elements which would need to be shown to have a valid claim and the writing on the invoice would not likely support it. For something like this, you may be able to use it to your advantage to get the bill reduced if this could turn into a public relations issues, with the repair shop taking advantage and over charging customer, simply because they do not like something about them. If your got out that if someone would be up charged simply for not wanting to spend a lot to repair their car ( and who does), it could hurt their business. Defendant made, said or wrote a false statement of fact;Statement was communicated to a third party;Statement caused material harm to the plaintiff;At the time the statement was made, the defendant knew that the statement was false or acted in reckless disregard for the truth (“public figure” plaintiffs), or was negligent in determining the truth (“private figure” plaintiffs).
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!