How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

So my medical clinic informed me that they were refusing me

Customer Question

So my medical clinic informed me that they were refusing me service because someone anonymously called them and said that I had said I wanted to harm two of their staff and planned also to destroy their personal property. This is from friend I disowned and is lashing out. She also wrote texts and a letter to my boyfriend labeling me maliciously. What can I do? I live in a very small town and this is extremely damaging to my health and reputation.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. The main thing you can do - - if you know who has done this - - would be to file suit against the person for defamation based on the intentional false statements that have been made in an attempt to harm your character/reputation. You can also seek damages and a permanent injunction to stop any future defamation.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
That's the best way to address this person spreading rumors about you and representing them as the truth. Also, it could be possible to file criminal charges against the person if she harasses you personally.