How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After obtaining a Judgment ( in excess of $10,000.00)

Customer Question

After obtaining a Judgment (for money in excess of $10,000.00) in the Kings County of Brooklyn, New York, what debtor information must be obtained/provided to the Marshall's Office in order to have the Judgment enforced?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
It depends on which enforcement measures you are pursuing (bank levies, wage garnishments, property liens, or a combination of these).
The New York Courts have a good list of information as well as contact information for marshalls in New York:
It is always best to call ahead of time to confirm with the specific marshall you are going to work with to confirm what documentation they need (number of copies, whether they need originals, and fees).