Can I have my divorce alimony reviewd and reduced?

Customer Question
can I have my divorce alimony reviewd and reduced?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2015
Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today. The answer to your question is yes. You need to petition the court that issued the divorce decree and award of alimony to amend the amount to be paid. You need to have evidence of a change in your financial status since the award of alimony was made by the court that necessitates that your payments be reduced. This can be financial statements, income tax returns, etc. Anything official that will indicate to the court that you need to have this alimony payment reduced. I recommend hiring an attorney for this process, though you can certainly file the petition yourself. You chances of success will go up with an experienced attorney. Let me know if you have any other questions. Please also rate my answer positively. Best wishes going forward!
thank you .very pleased
Good deal. Please rate my response excellent (5 stars) if you don't mind so that I can receive credit for my work. Thanks!
Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Did you have any other questions or comments? I just want to make sure you are comfortable moving forward. Thanks