How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I have my divorce alimony reviewd and reduced?

Customer Question

can I have my divorce alimony reviewd and reduced?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today. The answer to your question is yes. You need to petition the court that issued the divorce decree and award of alimony to amend the amount to be paid. You need to have evidence of a change in your financial status since the award of alimony was made by the court that necessitates that your payments be reduced. This can be financial statements, income tax returns, etc. Anything official that will indicate to the court that you need to have this alimony payment reduced. I recommend hiring an attorney for this process, though you can certainly file the petition yourself. You chances of success will go up with an experienced attorney. Let me know if you have any other questions. Please also rate my answer positively. Best wishes going forward!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you .very pleased
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Good deal. Please rate my response excellent (5 stars) if you don't mind so that I can receive credit for my work. Thanks!
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Did you have any other questions or comments? I just want to make sure you are comfortable moving forward. Thanks