How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to get a conservatorship autistic brother, who

Customer Question

I need to get a conservatorship for my autistic brother, who is being transferred from the Sonoma DC to a regional center within the next 2 years. How do I go about doing that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Under CA law, to obtain a conservatorship by filing a petition for probate conservatorship of an adult, which is where someone is appointed to manage his financial affairs and his assets. Here is the form: also, here is a list of everything you need to complete and file:

You should have an attorney involved, because the CA court is going to want an attorney to be involved to make sure the conservatorship is not for any improper purpose and that your brother's rights will be protected.