I need to get a conservatorship autistic brother, who

Customer Question
I need to get a...
I need to get a conservatorship for my autistic brother, who is being transferred from the Sonoma DC to a regional center within the next 2 years. How do I go about doing that?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Under CA law, to obtain a conservatorship by filing a petition for probate conservatorship of an adult, which is where someone is appointed to manage his financial affairs and his assets. Here is the form: http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/gc310.pdf also, here is a list of everything you need to complete and file:
http://www.lacourt.org/forms/pdf/conservatorship-forms-packet.pdf

You should have an attorney involved, because the CA court is going to want an attorney to be involved to make sure the conservatorship is not for any improper purpose and that your brother's rights will be protected.