Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How long can somebody park a car on the streets of trenton

Customer Question
New Jersey...
How long can somebody park a car on the streets of trenton New Jersey
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2015
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. If there are signs posted in a given area, those signs will always supersede the general law and must be followed. The same is true if there's a meter - the person has to pay for the meter. On top of that, any car that has received 5 or more parking citations (regardless of how long it's been there) will be declared a public nuisance. Assuming none of those issues is the case, then Trenton has a complicated parking scheme comprised of multiple schedules. To determine how long parking is allowed, find the street in question on the applicable schedule (all of which are linked at the top of the statute). The way the statute's written, the first nine schedules appear to be relating to areas used primarily for business, so if you're in a residential area, it may help to start looking with Schedule X.http://ecode360.com/12597392 There aren't any general regulations regarding how long a car can be parked in all areas of Trenton, as long as the vehicle is licensed and operable (unlicensed or wrecked vehicles cannot be parked on the street at all). If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney