How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What type of lawyer do I need to hire to file a complaint with a Director & State Corr

Customer Question

What type of lawyer do I need to hire to file a complaint with a Director & State Correction manager of a half way house, that is holding my brother's VA pension checks? I have called and faxed them and they have been smart with me and called me names and now they want even call me back. They had his checks since March, 2015.
Mrs. Gipson
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
Either a civil litigation attorney, or a criminal defense attorney with a joint practice in civil rights litigation, would be appropriate to this situation.
However, short of hiring a lawyer, you can try contacting the Kentucky ACLU ( for assistance and referrals with this issue (the ACLU specializes in civil rights matters for inmates and wards of the state, and if they are unable to help you, they will be able to give you very good referals to specific practitioners local to your brother).
You can find local attorneys using the State Bar Association directory: , or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).