Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How do I find out if someone has ever been accused of a

Customer Question
sexual offense?...
How do I find out if someone has ever been accused of a sexual offense?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2015
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
Are you asking as to how you can check if someone has any criminal arrest / conviction history?
Yes,Thank you!
Thank you for your follow up.
There are many online websites which you can find by using google and searching for "criminal background check", where you can input the person's of interest information, such as full name and date of birth and obtain a criminal background record for a nominal fee.
I wish you the best of luck!
Hi again Alex-I am wondering if there isn't a free search registry for sex offenders nationwide(Megan's Law?)Or if you could direct me to such a registry that provides this information at no cost.I appreciate your efforts.
Thank you for your follow up.
Do you want to know if the person is a currently registered sex offender or do you want to find out if the person was ever arrested / charged with any type of a sex offense?
I would like to know if this person was arrested/ charged with any type of sex offense.
Thank you for your follow up.
Unfortunately, the only way to check that, is through a paid online service of a licensed local private investigator, since any online registry would only show people are registered sex offenders and not people who might have been arrested / charge with sex crimes, but were never convicted or were not required to register.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Dear Alex-I truly appreciate the information that you provided.I knew this might be a tough question,but one I need to find answers to-thanks again for your time.I will continue to pursue finding the truth-and many times the truth can be elusive.Kind Regards,and God bless.
Thank you for your follow up.
Here is the link to the US Department of Justice National Sex Offender Registry where you can conduct a search to see if a person is a registered sex offender:
http://www.nsopw.gov/?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
Do you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law