I have a Bait and Tackle shop and I sell dead shrimp

Customer Question
for fishing bait. I received a...
I have a Bait and Tackle shop and I sell dead shrimp for fishing bait.
I received a load of beautiful, large shrimp that a customer wants to buy as eating shrimp. Do I need a special license to sell 'eating shrimp?'
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/17/2015
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 3 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law
Hello
This is Samuel and I will provide you information in this regard since the professional you requested is unavailable at this time
The answer is yes.
Regulations regarding freshwater fish dealer's license are found in the Florida Statutes 379.363 and can be viewed in it's entirety at the link below.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0300-0399/0379/Sections/0379.363.html
And this is what it says
379.363 Freshwater fish dealer’s license.—
(1) No person shall engage in the business of taking for sale or selling any frogs or freshwater fish, including live bait, of any species or size, or importing any exotic or nonnative fish, until such person has obtained a license and paid the fee therefor as set forth herein. The license issued shall be in the possession of the person to whom issued while such person is engaging in the business of taking for sale or selling freshwater fish or frogs, is not transferable, shall bear on its face in indelible ink the name of the person to whom it is issued, and shall be affixed to a license identification card issued by the commission. Such license is not valid unless it bears the name of the person to whom it is issued and is so affixed. The failure of such person to exhibit such license to the commission or any of its wildlife officers when such person is found engaging in such business is a violation of law. The license fees and activities permitted under particular licenses are as follows:
(a) The fee for a resident commercial fishing license, which permits a resident to take freshwater fish or frogs by any lawful method prescribed by the commission and to sell such fish or frogs, shall be $25. The license provided for in this paragraph shall also allow noncommercial fishing as provided by law and commission rules, and the license in s. 379.354(4)(a) shall not be required.
(b) The fee for a resident freshwater fish dealer’s license, which permits a resident to import, export, or sell freshwater fish or frogs, including live bait, shall be $40.
(c) The fee for a nonresident commercial fishing license, which permits a nonresident to take freshwater fish or frogs as provided in paragraph (a), shall be $100.
(d) The fee for a nonresident retail fish dealer’s license, which permits a nonresident to sell freshwater fish or frogs to a consumer, shall be $100.
(e) The fee for a nonresident wholesale fish dealer’s license, which permits a nonresident to sell freshwater fish or frogs within the state, and to buy freshwater fish or frogs for resale, shall be $500.
(f) The fee for a nonresident wholesale fish buyer’s license, which permits a nonresident who does not sell freshwater fish or frogs in Florida to buy freshwater fish or frogs from resident fish dealers for resale outside the state, shall be $50.
(g) Any individual or business issued an aquaculture certificate, pursuant to s. 597.004, shall be exempt from the requirements of this part with respect to aquaculture products authorized under such certificate.
(2) Each boat engaged in commercial fishing shall have at least one licensed commercial fisher on board.
(3) It shall be unlawful for any resident freshwater fish dealer, or any nonresident wholesale or nonresident retail fish dealer, or any nonresident wholesale fish buyer to buy freshwater fish or frogs from any unlicensed person.
Here is the information on how to apply for the permit/license
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Division of Aquaculture
1203 Governor's Square Boulevard, Fifth Floor
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Phone:(###) ###-####
Fax:(###) ###-####
Please let me know if you have other question or need clarification in this regard. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time in providing you true and correct information in this regard
​Thank you