How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4174
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought an extended car warranty in 2012 that had both mileage

Customer Question

I bought an extended car warranty in 2012 that had both mileage expiration and date expiration but the box below said that the mileage had to be checked or selected but they didn't the original salesman said that the warranty would be good through 2017 it is now 2015 and they are saying that the miles have expired
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-#### Please call at your earliest convenience
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.
I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.
You may have a valid complaint either under breach of contract, breach of express and implied warranties, and/or fraudulent business practices.
You can take one or all of the following actions to try to get the dealer to either honor the warranty/service contract or refund the cost of the service contract:
1) File a complaint with the Tennessee Office of Consumer Protection in the Attorney General's Office:
Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs
500 ***** *****on Pkwy., 5th Floor
Nashville, TN###-##-####
Telephone: (###) ###-####or(###) ###-####
Fax:(###) ###-####
2) File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission
3) Bring a lawsuit in small claims court. You do not need an attorney to sue in small claims court. You will have to pay filing and service costs. These will be awarded to you if you succeed in the suit. The clerk of your local court will have the forms you need to file your summons and complaint.
There is no charge to file a complaint with the FTC or the Attorney General.
Here are additional resources that may be of help to you:
I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.
Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.
If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.
Good luck.
Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 2 years ago.
I see you wished a phone call. I submitted an additional services offer if you still want that option. If the information I have already provided is sufficient just rate me. If you wish to have the phone call click the accept button and we can do that also.
Thank you.
Kind regards,