Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was added as a 50% member to an LLC. I have documentation

Customer Question
I was added as a...
I was added as a 50% member to an LLC. I have documentation to prove so. On at least one occassion I wrote a check out and signed it on the business account. My name was not on the account as a signer and the check was written out to our landlord but at the time there were no issues. The next time I wrote the check out and signed it (about 2 weeks ago), my "partner" apparently had to go to the bank and state that the check was not fraud, while, according to him, 2 Federal agents were there ready to come arrest me for forgery, theft, etc. The bank, according to him, said, because I was not an authorized signer on the business account, that it was forgery and because it was a bank, was a federal charge. He "said" he signed the papers and all was good. Keeping in mind the check was for $200.00. In the meantime he has gotten in quite some trouble, been arrested etc....while I maintained the business. So last night, overnight, he apparently went into the business, took many things out (please note also that the lease is solely in my name), has said he wants the website that I developed or he will go to the police and file charges against me for forgery on that check. Can he do that, should I just cut my losses, does he have a case? I am in York County, Pennsylvania.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/17/2015
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
Do you have anything in writing evidencing your membership in the LLC?
Thank you.
Tina, Lawyer