My name is*****; I live in Grants Pass OR and I have

Customer Question
a son who is in...
My name is*****; I live in Grants Pass OR and I have a son who is in prison in Wyoming. He is eligible for parole on 22 June 2015 signed by three parole officers in WY. However, he wants to come to Grants Pass, OR when he is released but he has to have a written letter from the Gospel Mission here in Grants Pass that he has a reservation there where he will stay for 30 days before going o the VA in White City Or. The Mission does not make reservations for people; the never have and they will not start now. There is a 50% vacancy rate there and he is welcome to come here where I have contacted a probation & parole officer who he will report to. Now comes the fighting for who has rights: the caseworker in Newcastle WY will not release him unless he has a reservation from the Mission and the Mission will not start a reservation system they do not have or want. So my son, David Croy will not be released without a letter from the Mission and the Mission won't write one so David will not be released even though he has papers signed by three parole people in Newcastle, WY. I'm tired of contacting and calling everyone I can think of to resolve this problem. HELP!!!!! Barbara Croy, David Croy's mother. my phone number is(###) ###-#### *****Grants Pass Ore.
P.s. The Parole officer here in Grants Pass said he would be the parole officer for David if we can get him here!!!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/16/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the parole board and parole agents have the final say and authority on this. All a parolee can do is present all of the information they have and if Mission will not make a guarantee, then they have to state that it is their policy to not guarantee positions but they have a 50% vacancy rate. Then it is solely at the discretion of the parole board to agree to this situation or not. If the parole case worker will not agree, then you have to present this to the parole board, who has authority over the case worker to order the case worker to accept the arrangement with Mission and that is all you can do for him.