I sold tickets on craigslist and transferred tickets electronically.

Customer Question
We had agreed to payment...
I sold tickets on craigslist and transferred tickets electronically. We had agreed to payment but I was never paid. I have emailed her requesting money and have never heard from her since. It was $200 and I have her name and email along with emails exchanged through craigslist. Can I recoup this money from her?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/16/2015
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
The first thing you should do is contact Craigslist and ask if it has a grievance or dispute resolution procedure. If so, go through that process and see if you can resolve your issue and get your money.
If that doesn't work, you can sue in small claims court for the money due you......but you'll likely have to sue in the county and state where the buyer lives so the court would have jurisdiction. But, you can obtain a judgment and collect once you sue in small claims court IF the grievance procedure from Craigslist doesn't resolve the dispute.
Roger, Attorney