How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27980
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been foreclosed on and final summary judgement made

Customer Question

i have been foreclosed on and final summary judgement made about 8 months ago. i just found proof all my home buisness payments were made with some also extra in escrow when i was removed from my home. how to i present this information?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Has the home been sold yet? Also, was there a dispute and defense raised that you made all payments and they were wrongfully foreclosing? I am just trying to get a better idea of what happened with this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Homes were sold and i disputed on other grounds. I didnt know that the bank was taking my husbands SS checks as payments the entire time.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. If payments were being taken by the lender and the loan was wrongfully foreclosed on, this was a MAJOR mistake by the lender. If the home was sold and someone now owns it, you likely are going to have to go after the lender and sue for monetary damages to be made whole, from the wrongful foreclosure. If you have direct evidence to show that the bank was taking his checks and applying them to the loan and the loan and payments were current YET they foreclosed, you need to set up a consultation with a foreclosure defense attorney, who will likely jump at taking this case. It is very odd how one department did not know what another department was doing and how/why payments were never applied to the loan. If you can show this, you can likely recover for damages suffered and the bad faith actions of the bank.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!