Statute of Limitation regarding Open Account by Ongoing Service…

Customer Question
Statute of Limitation regarding Open...
Statute of Limitation regarding Open Account by Ongoing Service Provider
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/15/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
The statute is 4 years after the last date that the creditor extended credit on the open book account.
See: Code of Civil Procedure § 337(2). An open book account becomes closed, and the statute of limitations begins to run, once the account creditor ceases to extend credit on the account and there is no further activity on the account other than payment being made. RNC, Inc. v. Tsegeletos (1991) 231 Cal.App.3d 967, 972.
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney