My mother was inquiring, can she have something that legally…

Customer Question
My mother was inquiring, can...
My mother was inquiring, can she have something that legally requires both her signature and my signature (daughter & power of attorney) on any legal document? Someone recently tried to steal her property (land holdings) for $1.00 and she signed the document. Luckily the contract fell through but she needs to be protected.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/15/2015
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
She can do that for bank accounts, but real estate would require that you have a recorded interest in the property to have your signature required.
A recorded lease or option to purchase could work.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.
Loren, Attorney