How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33477
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother was inquiring, can she have something that legally

Customer Question

My mother was inquiring, can she have something that legally requires both her signature and my signature (daughter & power of attorney) on any legal document? Someone recently tried to steal her property (land holdings) for $1.00 and she signed the document. Luckily the contract fell through but she needs to be protected.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
She can do that for bank accounts, but real estate would require that you have a recorded interest in the property to have your signature required.
A recorded lease or option to purchase could work.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.