Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If traveling out of the country while on probation will customs

Customer Question
let me through or do...
If traveling out of the country while on probation will customs let me through or do they stop me due to my probation?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/15/2015
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Did you obtain permission from your probation officer to travel or from the court?
i have asked for permission but haven't heard yet
Thank you for the additional information. Typically, when a party is on probation, they can not just leave the State or even the Country, without permission from their PO or the Court. If you were to leave and they find out, you would be in violation and when you return, could be taken into custody. It is possible that your passport may be flagged and they could be alerted but that is protected and confidential information, so there is no way of knowing for sure and making it be a situation where you leave and as long as your po does not find out, you will be fine.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
LegalKnowledge, Attorney