How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Currently I have NJ CDL and in the couple of weeks is

Customer Question

Hi, currently I have NJ CDL and in the couple of weeks is going to be suspended for 6 months. My question is if I change my CDL to PA before suspension, PA would let me do it? And if I'll be able to drive outside NJ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
PA would let you change the license but when the ruling from NJ came down PA would suspend your PA license. Almost all of the states are members of an interstate agreement where they agree to follow the other state's suspensions, etc.
The worst part is that often you don't receive the notice that your license was suspended until you get pulled over and then the officer either tickets you or arrests you for driving on a suspended license OR you get in a wreck and the insurance company won't cover the loss due to the lack of a license.