Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

And thank you time. I own a sod farm in KS.

Customer Question
Hi and thank you for...
Hi and thank you for your time.
I own a sod farm in KS. The wastewater div of the gov put in a sewer pipeline which went across my property that although I was paid for the time they were on my land, the construction company accidently crushed my irrigation effectively causing me to miss out on a year's harvest (one crop).
The wastewater people sent me a letter saying they weren't responsible that I should take it up with the construction company. The loss amounts to roughly $100,000
What I am needing to know is what kind of attorney should I seek out for this matter, as well as since I have your attention, what you think my chances are of winning such a case.
I didn't keep any of the paper work sent to me on the matter, if that is a consideration. The wastewater people said it was in the contract that they weren't responsible for anything which doesn't seem right to me since I have to let them on the property or otherwise face possibility of my property being condemned and taken for whatever the term is for "greater good of the community).
Anyways the type of attorney to seek out is my main need to know.
Thank you
Steve Briggs
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/15/2015
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
The Waste water division is correct. The contractors are responsible.
You can sue the contractor and a local civil litigation attorney is what you need.
I suggest, if you contact the Kansas Bar Association at 1(###) ###-####or***@******.***
They will provide you a legal referral service.
I suggest, that a local attorney will first write the contractor a letter demanding they settle up or be sued.
So if you wanted to, you could write them a letter and make a demand.
Your letter could simply say in regard to the work done on behalf of the name of the division on date(s) your company was negligent and it caused damage to my irrigation system in the amount of state the cost to repair it. And I am enclosing two estimates for the repair
Please contact me immediately upon receipt of this letter to discuss how you will pay for these repairs. If you do not, I will have no other option but to contact my attorney and bring this matter to court
Mail that letter Certified with a return receipt requested. And yes, get estimates and enclose copies of those estimates.
If you do not hear from them then contact the local attorney
Please let me know if you have other questions or need clarification. If not, please give a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time in providing the true and correct information.
Thank you
Sam, Attorney at Law