I am on disability because I am mentally ill. I claimed

Customer Question
Bankruptcy over 3 years ago...
I am on disability because I am mentally ill. I claimed Bankruptcy over 3 years ago. I now have someone who claims to be an arbitrator. Telling me there are or is criminal action against me. I do not have any outstanding debt, and they are asking for money.
They call daily, they have even gone as far to contact my daughter in law and leave a threatening message. I have been informed by the Department of Treasury that someone tried to obtain my tax records using my SSN with my permission. I believe I have a case
for harassment and personal injury and abuse of the mentally ill.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/14/2015
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:
1) What state do you live in?
2) Explain what you mean by "threatening phone calls?" What kind of messages are being left, exactly? Can you please be specific?
3) Why did they contact your daughter in law - were they looking for you? Or, what was the purpose of them contacting her, otherwise?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Ely, I live in California. The message says: Who they are, I cant make out the name of the business. I have voice messages from them and they speak low in volume and have accents and I cant understand them. I have personally called and spoke to the same person who leaves the messages, and I dont understand her. I have done a search on the phone number that calls me and the only info I could find was that the calls originate from Redlands Ca. I was given a case number ***** I have searched this, and nothing comes up on it in the San Berbardino Superior Court. They contacted my daughter in law leaving a message saying it was intended for me.
Thank you.
Can you give me the telephone number or numbers they are calling from? This is to make sure that this is not a scammer.
Tina, Lawyer