How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Locks were changed, divorced has been filed. It's been 16

Customer Question

Locks were changed, divorced has been filed. It's been 16 months... We have been to court 8 times with the judge telling him to turn over my personal property. He has chosen the few pieces I've received.
How can he not be in contempt of court? Plus even in an eviction, they have 90 days to retrieve their belongings. How are his actions legal ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you file your motion for order to show cause for contempt, since he is not complying with the judge's orders? If so what is the judge doing about your motions?