My daughter was walking her dog at her apartment building and…

Customer Question
My daughter was walking her...
My daughter was walking her dog at her apartment building and she had received a call from the Bar located at the building to pick up her check. She had worked part time at this bar or the past couple years but left that job a week ago to work a FT position somewhere else. The bar allows dogs in as long as they are on a leash, which hers was. When she was in the bar for a few minutes, a patron of the bar who knows her pet her dog. Her dog is playful and will stand up on her paws to receive the petting. Her dog accidentally scratched his arm and it bled slightly. The patron's ex-wife claimed the dog bit him and caused a scene. The victim advised he was just fine and did not want any medical treatment. The Bar completed an incident form signed by the victim advising he was just fine. Later in the day .. the ex-wife called the bar owner wanting my daughter's phone number in an angry fashion and all the dog's medical records. During all this time the victim is still in the bar having drinks and doing just fine. The bar owner did not give out my daughter's cell number .. but I would guess she will find it and call her. The Bar is also video taped so I am sure there will be a visual accounting of the incident as well as witnesses that observed the dog did not bite him .. only a playful scratch. What should she do to prepare for any issues?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/13/2015
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
Ask the bar for a copy of the tape just to have evidence of no bite. Also, get the names and numbers of any witnesses.
Since there was no bite there should not be any problem
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.