How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found out the 3rd of sept 2013 that my ex wife with whom i

Customer Question

i found out the 3rd of sept 2013 that my ex wife with whom i owned a property had been forging my signature to renew mortgages at the bank i imediately contacted the bank they failed to address the issue, my ex died the 24th of sept 2013 can i sue her
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can. The statute of limitations for fraud is very short though (in most states it is 2 years (See this state by state comparison:, but the estate is liable for the same liabilities and causes of action that your ex-wife was prior to her death.I do recommend retaining counsel for this type of action - particularly as you will need to move quickly and navigate the overlap between probate and civil court in order to get your claim to judgment and enforce it in probate.You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).