A friend's husband passed away recently. She was left with…

Customer Question
A friend's husband passed away...
A friend's husband passed away recently. She was left with the burden of his Wrangler Jeep payments. Unfortunately my friend was roped into refinancing the Jeep (34,000.00 remaining on the loan) for 30,0000. In this situation, does buyers remorse law apply?
Thank you.
Sharon Noles (###) ###-####***@******.***
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2015
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 3 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. Would you mind sharing with me how/why she was roped into this refi?
She went to the dealership to see if they would buy it from her. They said no but they could refinance it for her and the payments would be less. My friend's husband died a few weeks ago and she isn't thinking clearing in these matters.
Thank you for the additional information. Florida does not have a buyers remorse law in this situation and the 3 day cooling off period would not apply either, so absent language which would allow her to rescind the refinance in the paperwork she signed, it would be binding, on its face. I say this because she signed it and there is a presumption that she knew what she was doing and if they lessened her payments, as they said they would, they did nothing wrong. Now, if they knew of her situation and took advantage of her and she was in a situation where she did not know what she was doing and they exploited that, she could have a defense but the burden would be on her, to show that. If she wants to get out of this, she may need to simply take it to a 3rd party and get it appraised, seeing what they would give her and if it is close to what is owed, so she can get out of the payments. In Florida, CarMax typically provides the highest appraisals, so she may want to speak with them.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!