How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This may not seem like a big deal, but I just figured that

Customer Question

This may not seem like a big deal, but I just figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask. I am on disability for Bipolar and im still healing from PTSD. My Dr. of over 20 years retired so they gave me a new, well the new Dr. had to cancel on me so I had to go to the office and wait to be seen to get refills on my meds, But this nurse that I saw changed the meds that I have been on for years now, she gave me only half of one prescription 30 pills instead of my normal 60 and didn't give me a refill at all of what I have been on, I save been having symptoms of withdraw for being cut off out of the blue and not being able to sleep because I have been on Ambien for a long time and that's what she just cut off Just wondered if I have any kind of a case or get someone in trouble
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. It is a big deal to you and so it is important to me as well. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Are you sure that you were only seen by a nurse (RN) and not a certified nurse practitioner or a clinical nurse specialist?
2. In addition to giving you less pills, did she change your daily dosage---meaning does the medication label tell you that you must take less of the medication each day?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im not sure she may be an Advanced practice registered nurse also. I have called more than a couple times and left messages. But the one that called in my meds name is***** my Dr. that I have been with for over 20 years had me on 2 Xanax a day so, a total of 60 Xanax a month this lady called in only 30 for the month and the pill bottle that she called in said to take only 1 pill once a day if needed. and the other medication is Ambien and I have been taking one a night at bed time, but she or no one else has called that in, and I havnt been sleep because of it and a feeling of withdraw, bad nerves mind racing I even had my pharmacy fax the office to refill them but they havnt.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.
After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number in the box entitled "Enter private contact info"? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.
Thanks in advance,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im sorry, I cant afford a phone call, ill take an email, that will be fine
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Alright, no problem.
A Nurse Practitioner may prescribe so long as they are overseen by the physician.
No law was violated by the changing of the prescription and it is unlikely that you can get anyone in trouble.
If you are having withdrawal symptoms you need to speak with the physician directly. Call the office let them know the trouble and demand to speak with or to see the physician.
It seems pretty clear that the Nurse Practitioner felt you were being over-medicated and simply failed to reduce your meds in an orderly fashion. This is something that needs to be brought to the physician’s attention.
I'm sorry, but I see no case here for you to sue on, nor do I specifically see any malpractice or wronging on the part of the Nurse Practitioner. It is possible that she did something wrong, but without looking at your complete chart it is impossible for me to know.
In conclusion, go to your doctor directly and ask for the help you need. It is clear that the Nurse Practitioner is not working out for you and you are not obligated to stay with the Nurse Practitioner as your primary care provider. You may insist on seeing the doctor who had to cancel on you.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Sir.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure,
And thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.
Please keep in mind that even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, or you may be a subscriber, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.
Thanks again.
I wish you the best,