How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My significant other lives with me. He pays no household expenses,

Customer Question

My significant other lives with me. He pays no household expenses, just takes us out to dinner most nights and sometimes breakfast and lunch. I purchase all household items plus the mortgage, condo fees, and utilities. If we break up, could he ask me for any financial assistance and receive it legally. I am 71 and on a fixed income and he is 63 and is getting his social security. He assigns umpires and sometimes umpires games. He has been living with me for 3 years and 6 months.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Just to be clear, you are simply dating this man and live together?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Wanted to see if you had a chance to respond? Thank you.