I live in VA I have a satisfied judgement that I would like…

Customer Question
I live in VA I...
I live in VA I have a satisfied judgement that I would like to have vacated. I cannot reach the creditor via phone to make the request what legal recourse do I have in this matter
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/11/2015
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 3 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. If the creditor is non-responsive about providing a satisfied judgment record, then one files a MOTION with the court that granted the judgment originally, serves the Plaintiff, and holds a hearing. Upon learning and believing that the judgment is satisfied, the Court should sign an order reflecting this. If the Plaintiff does not show up, then this shall be done by default.
I am providing a sample form for this motion here from General District Court. Let me know if this is in another court.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.