Hey Scotty~ I agreed to pay money vehicle to a craigslist…

Customer Question
Hey Scotty~ I agreed to...
Hey Scotty~ I agreed to pay money for a vehicle to a craigslist seller. we went to a money now car title place who had an employee who "works" for the DMV and issued a bill of sale on june 4. Can I get out of it by getting money back and tearing it up? (and giving the car back). car needs more work than worth. also seller claims title is in a business name of dealership. I've never seen it...guess I'm out of luck.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
he claimed that he was co-owner of a car rental place. but address is a car dealership. I called them up today and they claimed not to know him. the business name didn't match either to the one of the temp. bill of sale. 3 day plate (paper) and 3 day permit are all expired. Couldn't drive car today because it is illegal. Find out that to drive this car on a highway, it would cost more than what I paid. I want to void the sale. Thanks for your help! (lesson learned on my part-not to be in a hurry)
I have never seen the original title...making me nervous...hope I at least get that from him.
multi point inspection says tires are bad, brakes are going in back, air intake has a gash, radiator is bent-meaning an accident NOT disclosed to front.
6/11/2015
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Welcome. My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from the information or assistance that I provide.
Do you have the seller proper name and address information?
What county does the seller live in?
Did you buy it from him at his home?
The first question above is what is driving me crazy because he wrote in "Affordable Auto" at 1400 N. AZ on the bill of sale - there is no such business at that location because I called the business at 1400 N. Arizona in Chandler and they are "big3auto" and know of no such business. I suspected that he works there at big3auto, but first call they said they had no such employee. Second call, different person I was told they can't give out that information.
We both live and work in Maricopa County.
Money exchanged hands inside "Money Now Check Cashing Center".
(He said that the car was in his company's name and that he worked for a car rental company. There is a car rental nearby where the above business but it is not at 1400- maybe he used to work for the big3auto and never got the title switched over to himself is what I am suspecting now.)
I think he was using that car for over two years without registering it in his name.
You really can't do much until you find the guy's name and address. One thing to try is to obtain a copy of the title from the DMV and see who the last two owners of the vehicle were. Then talk to those folks in person to see if they know who they sold the car to and when. Sometimes ex-bosses and ex-employees don't get along and someone may tell you they sold the car to him under a salvaged title. You may find this info on the car fax as well.
https://servicearizona.com/motorVehicleRecord
Tina, Lawyer