How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42859
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to sue my aunts after removing my mother

Customer Question

I want to sue my aunts for neglegence after removing my mother from a nursing home after her stroke; doctor would not release her unless she had 24 hr care. My aunts lied and put her back into her home alone. The same home which failed he home evaluation done by the nursing home. My mother fell down the basement stairs which led to her death one month later.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You can pursue such a wrongful death suit here in PA.

Wrongful death damages are designed to compensate survivors for economic losses.

Here the statute of limitations applicable to wrongful death , 42 Pa.C.S. § 5524(2) provides that “An action to recover damages for injuries to the person or for the death of an individual caused by the wrongful act or neglect or unlawful violence or negligence of another” must be commenced within two years. The two year period begins to run “from the time the cause of action accrued . . .” 42 Pa.C.S. § 5502(a). death.

You can still pursue this, you need to get on this pretty quick.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

You can locate a lawyer to take this contingent fee here.

Thanks again and the best to you.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Valerie here is more information about such a suit.

I am so sorry for your loss.You can still pursue this.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.