How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5554
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was on private disability companie since 05. they seen

Customer Question

hi I was on private disability companie since 05. they seen an article about me being a president of a motorcycle club and stopped payments unum insurance
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today
What exactly is your question here? Have you received a denial of benefits form or did the benefits just stop coming?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi johni do have a denial of benefits letter from unum
they sent me disk of entire
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Ok. The next step for you is to appeal the insurer's denial via the company's internal appeal provision, which is contained in your policy. If you do not have a copy of the policy, you'll need to request one asap. You likely have 60 to 90 days to appeal their decision under the policy's terms. Courts hold parties to these deadlines so please do not wait . In this respect I would highly recommend that you get an attorney to represent you even that internal appeal, because you can prejudice yourself ultimately if you have to sue in court. In other words, if the internal appeal is not in your favor, your only recourse is to then file a lawsuit against the company to get your benefits reinstated.
Let me know if this answers your questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Who can u recommend in my area? Thanks ron
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Ron, your question lists you as being in the United States, where specifically are you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
New haven ct. Thank you
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
These attorneys practice exactly in the area you are looking for :